Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ornatus & Ourebi


Several winters ago, my bird feeder hosted a small house finch. Nothing unusual there, however, this particular bird had only one eye. The other one was closed. As the weeks went by, he kept coming to the feeder. I was impressed by his stamina, considering his affliction. (I later found out that there is a virus affecting small song birds around the country and that was probably what he had on his eye.)

I never saw him again. My bird feeder continues to attract dozens of house finches but I wonder what happened to him. These two birds are based on the little house finch (and hopefully capture some of his energy and beauty.)

Ornatus & Ourebi
wood/cloth/metal/found objects
each 7" x 15" x 6"

1 comment:

  1. I love your work and the story of the little house finch. I have just unwrapped "Alba" and her nest and placed her on my coffee table. I posted about birds in my house today on my blog - thought I'd just pass that along to you. WIsh I could afford more! Maybe someday.......meanwhile I will enjoy following your blog and shows.

    ReplyDelete